SLCFSA Sportsmen’s Challenge
Objective is to challenge your shooting skills with legal PA Hunting Firearms and ammunition at animal silhouettes.
PA Hunting Firearms event involves:
- Shooting animal silhouette targets at 25, 50, 100, 200, and 300 yards.
- Only legal PA hunting Firearms allowed with hunting ammunition. No target ammo.
- manually operated, centerfire firearms with all lead bullet or a bullet designed to expand on impact.
- You will have 3 minutes to load and shoot 3 shots per distance, One per animal silhouette.
- one additional (4th shot) per distance is allowed if one of the 3 was a miss.
- Shooter has option for vital shot (clay bird, 4 ¼” target) or head shot (dove clay, 2 ¼” target)
- Only direct hits on vital or head shot will count. You must hit and knock out clay bird or Dove clay.
- Use of open sights or scopes that you would use for hunting in PA.
- You will use the same firearm for all distances.
- All shots will be from hunting positions.
- Use of cross sticks, slings, mono-pods, bi-pods or other shooting aids can be used if that is what you normally carry with you in PA woods.
- Any supporting aids used must be carried with you at all times even if not being used for a given distance.
- Junior shooters must be accompanied by an adult per PA hunting regulations.
Event is held the second Sunday of even numbered months (Feb, April, June, Aug, Oct, Dec).
*Unless event conflicts with other club events that prevent use of range.
Sign-up and registration is 11:00am to 12:00 noon with Safety Briefing beginning at 12:00 noon
Shooting to start by 12:30pm
Must attend the safety briefing to qualify to shoot.
For more information contact
Johnny Keplinger 717-951-8011
Barry Brown 410-688-1702